Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Did Altec make a 1503 horn?

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Schell's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, 1503 horns were manufactured by Lansing Mfg. Co. and later by Altec Lansing, and some may have been made as early as the Shearer Horn System prototype systems. The ones I have seen were all tar filled; I'm not sure if any B series unfilled 1503s were made in the Anaheim era.

    Lansing Mfg. Co. also made a 1508 horn. I have a pair of these, with integral threded throats for the 284/285 type drivers. They sound very good, and are cute as a button.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member scootertrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2004
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the sound of the 1505 horn is great but the look is just awesome... Did altec make a 1503? thanks

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dennis gilliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2002
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A fellow Altec friend of mine in LA has several pair of those monsters (1503's) in his living room A2 systems (!). Those tar horns weigh in at over 300 lbs each, won't ring in a hundred years.

    DG

  4. #4
    Inactive Member scootertrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2004
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HMMMM now I have a Christmas present in mind for myself....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.